Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reading and Listening -before during and after

The conclusions from my two sessions on reading and listening said before, during and after.
I feel that maybe I said it too often in the end but I think it is essential when setting up reading and listening texts we thing about:
before: how do we create interest and make students want to read and listen?
during: how do we keep students 'busy' while reading and listening. how do we keep their attention?
after: how do we make the reading / listening feel worthwhile? Can the students use the information in the reading / listening to form their own ideas or respond to the text?

I think if we consider these things in planning then we are doing our best to make the lessons interesting for the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment